Thursday, January 30, 2014

My hero

I started to get a sore throat last night before bed and by the middle of the night I was full-on flu bug. We were out of cold medicine and I had a terrible migraine. I crawled downstairs to the couch and flopped around in pain and fevery chills until Sean came downstairs at 6:30AM. By seven, he was on his way to the pharmacy to pick me up some DayQuil. He is at his busiest at work during the last few days of the month so I knew he couldn't stay home with me and so there I was, unable to move and having to tend to two little cuties all day. I barely got off the couch today and the kids were absolutely perfect. They played together and watched movies together and I drifted in and out of sleep.

DSC_7893

I was counting the hours until Sean came home from work. And then he came home three hours early bringing me Reece's peanut butter cups and ginger ale. In my delirious state I thought maybe he was just home for lunch, but no. He was home for the day. Early. To take care of me. I could've cried I was so happy to see him. I so love that man.