Friday, January 31, 2014

Ah-choo choo!

Today was career day at Dylan's school and I had to keep the poor kid home sick. He was up last night coughing so hard that he was gagging and he woke up with a fever this morning. Kate is still coughing, too. And I woke up with my eye stuck shut, throwing up at 4:30 this morning. Luckily I have Dylan's extra eye drops from last week and my stomach feels much better now. Sean is the last man standing and hasn't been sick yet this month. I told him I'd sleep on the couch last night to keep my germs away from him but he insisted I sleep in our bed with him. He takes such good care of me.

All of Dylan's preschool friends are popping up in my Facebook newsfeed in their little policeman, fireman, doctor costumes and they are just so adorable. I really wish Dylan could've been there. He originally said he wanted to be a fireman when he grew up but I talked him into being a train engineer because all of his fireman stuff is more for outdoor play--a raincoat and boots--and he wouldn't be able to wear them during school. So he's been hanging around the house in his conductor uniform.

DSC_8072
DSC_8080

Even though we're all sick, everyone is in great spirits. Look at this smiley little thing:

DSC_7976

I'm so thankful we have the weekend to rest up and kick this virus. January has been kind of a bummer, February will be much better.