Sunday, November 3, 2013

Katie gets a boost!

If we're friends on Facebook, you've seen this weekend's design project - a new booster seat for Kate. We got rid of her plastic orange, blue, and green eyesore of a seat and modernized her dining experience a bit.

I found an old bar stool at a secondhand shop for $4.99. It's higher up than our other chairs and has arms so that Katie can get closer to the table and has added stability surrounding her on all sides. I had this paint color already--Pantone's Emerald--so I washed, sanded, and painted the chair.

Here are some quick cellphone pics of the before and after:

Untitled

Dylan and I made a special mother/son trip to the craft store to buy her a new seat belt. I already had the buckles from her old booster seat and paid $2.79/yd for the new belt material.

And that's it! Kate has a new spot at dinner. Dylan is a bit jealous because he wants to sit in the new chair and Kate seems to enjoy her seat as well. I like that she is closer to the table and spills less food on herself.

DSC_9111
DSC_9113

DSC_9137

These two turkeys were so funny today. When Kate was in her pack n play Dylan jumped in with her. When Dylan was crawling around the house pushing his trucks Kate was right on his tail. Dylan would call out for her and she would come find him. I love having two!

DSC_9052
DSC_9059
DSC_9097
DSC_9099
DSC_9140

Kate is now an expert at standing.

DSC_8979
DSC_9084
DSC_9085

And she's teething.

DSC_8985
DSC_8995
DSC_9094
DSC_9090
DSC_9087

I'm in the middle of editing some photos for my sister and she is standing right here next to me in her crib squawking away when she should be sleeping. I like her accompaniment, I'm more than fine with editing next to a happy giggly standy baby.