Wednesday, October 9, 2013

It's raining cats and dogs...and they're pretty cute.

These babies. When we took them shopping to pick out their Halloween costumes I was secretly hoping that they'd pick some sort of theme--Rocky and Bullwinkle, Raggedy Ann and Andy, Mickey and Minnie--but I wasn't going to force it, I wanted Dylan to love his costume. When picking out Kate's costume she needed something warm and comfortable, size 6-9 months. Immediately we found a kitten outfit for her. So, so perfect. She's always been our little kitten. She has her favorite kitten pacifier Boo Boo Kitty, she squeaks like a kitten, and I call her my kitten. So, perfect! Kate's costume was picked out.

And Dylan loves to pretend to be a puppy so when he saw the puppy costume hanging there he lit up. A PUPPY! And just like that we had our costumes!

Katie day 231 edits2
DSC_6267
DSC_5772
Katie day 231 edits3
DSC_6411
Katie day 231 edits1

D is especially proud that the dogs are so interested in his costume. They think I'm a REAL dog! Sam is confused.

DSC_6296
DSC_6309

They actually sat for a good long while to get their pictures taken and I had to restrain from pinching their little cheeks.

DSC_5915_edited-2
DSC_6124
Katie day 231 edits4

Here's a little behind the scenes of what a photo shoot with a puppy and a tiny kitten looks like:



And now I have to wake up my kitten so that we can go pick up our little puppy from preschool. Today is Dylan's last day as a two-year-old. I'll admit, I'm feeling a little nostalgic.