Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Little Bit of Everything

We went grocery shopping tonight and I was so weak that when we got home I had to lie on the couch for about three hours until I was strong enough to use my legs again. I took a bath just now to ease the soreness and I kept thinking that I am just so happy. I don't care if I'm having a lot of physical struggles, I am simply thankful that I don't have to deal with any more procedures for a while. I don't have to have surgery or be on special diets or be without medication or be in isolation. For now--at least until my doctors appointment on Tuesday--I can just relax.

My dear friend Greg introduced me to Dawes tonight. He compared them to Jackson Browne who is by far my favorite artist and he might be right; Jackson's lyrics are legendary and Dawes has some pretty great ones from what I've heard so far.

This is the song I've been submerged in:



Dylan is asleep by now and Sean and Katie are watching a hockey game together. The dogs are panting and we'll be going up to our freezing cold air conditioned bedroom soon. Weekends are so lovely.

I'm sore and weak and tired and I feel more like myself than I have in a while.