Friday, May 31, 2013

Song and dance man

My mother bought a tiny $5 toy organ at a tag sale when I was three years old and soon after I was playing Amazing Grace by ear. I've loved music forever. Dylan, I think, will follow in my footsteps with his immense love of music. He studies songs and asks me to play them on repeat so that he can learn the lyrics.

Yesterday as the kids took a cool bath to get out of the heatwave Dylan began singing the Hoveround commercial.



Today as we played in the yard he began belting Sweet Caroline.



Tonight we ordered a pizza and blasted Sweet Caroline in the car to pick it up and then at the table while we ate. We YouTubed videos of Red Sox fans singing it at Fenway and Dylan asked to hear it again and again. Maybe it is the beautiful weather we're having, or maybe it's just the thought of baseball and music, but I'm pretty sure this song is as good as an antidepressant for turning a bad mood around. We found ourselves dancing in the kitchen singing SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOD! Let the weekend begin!