Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

I live for long weekends.

Last night we had family movie night and watched the Incredibles. Dylan kept saying, "This is so much fun!" and it was fun. We turned the lights off and cuddled up together. I found myself watching Dylan and Katie lie together more than I watched the movie--we've seen it a thousand times--sometimes I'm still in shock that I have these two beautiful children.

DSC_0820

Today, we had a lovely day as a family of four. First, a parade:

Desktop40
DSC_0905
Desktop41
DSC_0989
DSC_1056

And we spent the rest of the day in the backyard:

DSC_1075
DSC_1135
DSC_1222
DSC_1322
Desktop43
DSC_1342
DSC_1489

Yesterday a friend of mine mentioned that I have a Leave it to Beaver June Cleaver kind of life. I will be the first to admit that our life is far from perfect and Sean and I make all sorts of mistakes as parents and as spouses, but I'm thinking maybe this friend is right about something. Our family may not be perfect but damn, they are perfect to me. I could spend everyday of my life with these three people and be the happiest woman alive.