Tuesday, January 22, 2013

TueZZZZday

Today is garbage day on our street. I gave Dylan a bath this morning and then abruptly passed out on the couch with him in my arms. Dylan watched Thomas & Friends and drank his milkie and before I knew it I was waking up to a quiet, "Mama, please? Please, Mama!" and realized that the garbage truck was driving by. I scooped him up and put him on the bench and ta daaaa, his day was made.  I'm thankful he heard it before we missed seeing the truck drive by or else I would've felt terribly guilty and would've had to take him to the dump for a field trip.  


Dylan loves to show his garbage truck the garbage truck.  "See dat, garbage truck? Dat's a garbage truck!"  He also hasn't stopped talking about how the garbage man waved to him last week.


We're all feeling lazy today.  I declare a pajama day.  Although usually after we run errands or go to the park most days we change back into pajamas for naps anyway.  My poor husband never gets to see me out of feetie pajamas.  Even my neighbors see me check the mail in them.  Embarrassing?  Sure.  Embarrassing enough to change into jeans? Not really.  I'm feeling quite cuddly these days.  And lookie here, even the boys are sitting next to each other today!


We made corn muffins for breakfast and I almost pulled out my camera for some artsy shots of making corn muffins but I am seriously feeling too exhausted to care today.  So I took these with my iPhone.  Oh!  Speaking of!  I bought an app called Afterglow last night and it is a dream for cell phone photo editing. It's only $0.99 and I highly recommend it.


I also might've made a huge Mama mistake today by introducing Dylan to Blues Clues.  He wanted to be all opinionated at first, saying, "I don't like it, the Blues Clues!" but thirty seconds in he was unable to turn away.  We watched three episodes.

I've had some serious heartburn for the past few days even on Prevacid and a boatload of Tums.  Does this mean the baby is trying to climb into my throat or is she that much closer to making her big debut?  Either way, I've been up pretty much all night for two days feeling like I swallowed acid and wishing I could just be sick and over it rather than spending the night in a constant miserable state.

I sound cranky, but honestly I'm feeling very happy these days.  I'm just not quite awake.