Sunday, February 16, 2014

If I had a hammer

My project for the weekend was to make our basement stairs a bit safer. They were open, with railings but no spindles, I was terrified that one day Dylan or Kate would slip off the side and fall onto the concrete. So no more procrastinating. Dylan and I were at Home Depot by 7AM yesterday and we worked all day--Dylan stayed by my side helping me work--until I put him to bed at seven. I've got the spindles up, but I haven't finished painting everything.

DSC_2932

I also did this:

DSC_2948

What a skillful carpenter! Sean and Kate spent the day together getting things done around the house and I barely held her for twenty minutes. They were happy to spend a father/daughter day together and Dylan and I really enjoyed our day, too.

DSC_2940

I've still got a ton of work to do but after working so hard yesterday I can barely move today. So I'm taking it easy.

DSC_3072

Kate seems more than happy to spend the day in pajamas, too.