Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The next superstar

My niece Ciara has been singing since she was a baby. She's eight now and I am blown away with how great she can sing. Here she is tonight, at our Christmas Eve celebration.



I'm really, really proud of her.

We sang a duet, too, at her request. She was adorable trying to plan which song we should sing. She threw out a few modern suggestions: Adele, a song about diamonds, other songs I have never heard of. We settled on Rudolph.



Our brood is getting bigger each year. I can't wait to see them grow up together, they're close in age like my cousins were and there is nothing more fun than cousin memories.

DSC_0551

*

It's Christmas Eve. We've had a busy day. Starting with Kate waking up at 12, 2, 3, 4, and 5AM last night. I'm pretty sure I had to peel my eyelids off of my brain when Dylan woke up at 7. I spent the morning with my brother and finishing up shopping--Dylan is getting a drum set--and Sean watched the kids for me while I napped for a while. Napping sans kids is the best present ever. We only had a short while to clean the house and play in the playroom before getting ready for our family party.

And today this totally happened:



And I can't believe she's doing this:



*

We managed to get the kids home still awake, which is in itself a Christmas miracle. We spread our reindeer oats that Dylan made at school in the yard, changed into pajamas, set out the milk and cookies for Santa, tracked Santa on Norad, read a book, and the kids went right to bed. It's 11:30PM and Kate is still asleep. Imagine if she slept through the night? That would be a Christmas miracle, too.

DSC_0563

Merry Christmas everyone! May all of your dreams come true.