Friday, October 25, 2013

Reliving childhood through the eyes of my child

We bought Dylan a new version of the lovable robot Alphie. This toy was the cream of the crop back in the 80s and Dylan is pretty into the newer Alphie, too.

Desktop1
Image source

He especially loves the Alphie cards with the cars, trucks, buses, and trains on them. He yells out the answers because he thinks Alphie can hear him and I don't correct him when he calls Alphie "Raffi" because I think it's pretty adorable. We love Raffi's music, too.



I love hanging out with Dylan. I'm sure I'm biased because he is my kid, but I think I would want to hang out with him even if he wasn't. We pretty much spend our days playing with all of the things I loved to play with as a kid and I get to watch him love these old toys as much as I did.

We were in the car today listening to Dolly Parton's I Am Ready and after Dolly sang, "I am ready, oh my children, when Jesus knocks at my door" Dylan yelled from the backseat: "JESUS CHRIST!" He said it just like my grandfather would've and I laughed so, so, so hard.

DSC_2027

I also bought him an adorable little crocheted teddy bear and asked him what he'd like to name him. Dylan thought about it for a minute and then said, "I want to name him Mouse Soup, like the book."

DSC_7282

So tonight after beating me in a game of Candyland, Dylan tucked himself in next to Mouse Soup. I seriously love that boy.