Saturday, August 17, 2013

Dylan's first movie, Disney's Planes!

Jerry Remy's son was charged of murdering his girlfriend yesterday. My father-in-law and I were chatting about it yesterday afternoon and we made a little wager. I bet that Remy would still show up to broadcast the Red Sox game last night, Pops said he would definitely not be there. Pops said that if I won the bet he would bring me a breakfast sandwich from Dunkin Donuts, and if he won he wanted to be able to babysit Katie for a few hours. Twist my arm!

So of course he won, Remy didn't show up, and today was the perfect opportunity for Pops to spend some Q-time with Kate and for us to take Dylan to his first movie!

Untitled

Dylan loves all things cars/trucks/boats, but he really never got too into planes until recently. Yesterday I remembered that when he was born his great aunt had given him this really cool diecast plane model and we had stored it away until he was old enough to have it, so I gave it to him when he woke up. He hasn't put it down since. This was perfect timing to see Planes.

The movie was great--definitely take your Cars fanatics to see it--and Dylan sat still for about an hour, got a bit antsy and stood up to watch the movie, and then sat back down for the rest. He did great. The three of us finished an entire large popcorn and shared Smarties.

Planes is a lot like Cars in that it is a feel-good flick, the underdog fights the good fight and wins and yada yada. If you've got kids who enjoy the Cars series, I'd definitely recommend taking them to see this one. Something about these Disney movies makes little ones sit still for longer than should be possible.