Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I promise we'll come home

We're going on a mini vacation this weekend, our first trip away since we adopted our special needs dogs back in 2007. Six years without a vacation. It is much needed.

DSC_7586
DSC_7555
DSC_7581

But as excited as I am to go away, I'm sad to be leaving our puppies behind. They will be more than well taken care of with the best house sitter we know, but our guys have separation anxiety and Sam especially doesn't take being without us very well, even for a few hours. This morning I took the kids out shopping for some last minute extras we needed for our trip and Sammy had the saddest face when we left. My heart broke. Oh babies, I really don't want to leave you, but we need to go away now and then, too. I'm sure I will have more separation anxiety than they will.

Is anyone else this crazy about the canine members of the family?