Monday, July 15, 2013

And the living is easy

DSC_8197

We're in the middle of a heatwave, the longest heatwave so far this summer, and we've been having a total blast. Sean's dad had this great idea to go to our local pools and spray parks last week and I can see us frequenting them a lot to beat the heat until we break 90°. At the end of our days in the sun we smell like sunblock and feel sticky from our milkshakes and sleep like little babies to wake up feeling refreshed for tomorrow.

DSC_8316

Speaking of feeling refreshed, I feel so great these days. Mentally, physically, refreshed. I'm fortunate to have an incredible support system in my husband. I know having a sick, slug of a wife wasn't easy, nor was driving me to cancer hospitals and doctor visits and putting aside his emotions to be strong for me, but he was absolutely incredible. I am thankful to have two awesome kids who make me smile and laugh constantly, a plethora of hugs, and a surplus of love. We are currently blowing up balloons in the living room and letting them fly around the room when we let them go, and laugh. I am thankful for the unending support of our family and friends, and I am thankful for feeling healthy for the first time in a very long time.

Here comes the sun.