Friday, March 8, 2013

Yay, women!

Today is International Women's Day.

I thought, I've taken thousands of photographs of women over the years, why not make an awesome movie for the blog - a slideshow of women to the soundtrack of maybe the Wailin' Jenny's One Voice or some awesome Joan Baez/Dar Williams/Tori Amos feminist tune. But I ran out of time.

DSC_1689j
DSC_9228j
4931788097_1f7ab484cb_oj

I pulled out one (of about six total) of my external hard drives filled with hundreds of thousands of photos and began looking through folders from 2009. And then I got lost in a black hole of memories. Soon nap time for the kids was over and I had to abandon Operation Blog About Women for making lunch and changing diapers and playing trains. But it's the thought that counts.

Happy Women's Day to all of the ladies out there!