Friday, January 4, 2013

I'm losing my mind

I never nested with Dylan. Not before the day I went into labor anyway. I sat on the couch and waited patiently for him to arrive until the very last day when I rearranged and cleaned a single room in the house for six hours and then cried like an emotional baby for another two. So I am absolutely baffled by this nesting thing that is suddenly happening to me. I am 33 weeks pregnant today and since January 1st I've been running around like a madman destroying our house and putting it back together.

I've upholstered random pieces of furniture, painted a wall, made felt animals for her baby swing, shopped for a few special baby outfits, assembled furniture, Pine Sol'd the walls...I haven't stopped moving in days although I am so so tired. I'm driving myself crazy so I can only imagine that I am driving Sean crazy as well, especially when I ask him to help me hang up newly painted shelves that are still wet at ten o'clock on a Friday night, but he lets me nest as much as I need.

He must really love me.

There's so much to do in the next 50 days (give or take) but really if Katie were to be born today I'd be absolutely prepared because we've gotten everything all set for her except for a few last minute things like bottles, diapers, and a carseat. Babies don't really require too many material things, just sleep, food, and nurturing.

I have plenty of photos to post but I'll have to do that another time since it's 10:30 and I am just now sitting down to relax for the first time today.

I want to give a shout out to a friend of mine who also had a thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer recently because she just got her post-radioiodine treatment scan and it is clear! No more cancer!! I cannot explain how happy I am for her right now. If you are reading this, friend, I am so, so, so glad.

I'll leave you with this video of a crazy dancing baby in my belly. She hasn't stopped moving all day and she really puts on the moves whenever she hears Dylan. I'm a bit shocked at how much they love each other already. He cuddles with my belly often and talks all about his baby sister and as you can see she loves him right back.