Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sledding!

We woke up to 6" of icy snow this morning and since Sean was home we took an afternoon trip to the abandoned elementary school at the end of our street and Dylan enjoyed his first downhill sledding adventure.



I'll be 32 weeks pregnant tomorrow and you should've seen me trying to schlep Dylan up that hill. Pathetic. Sean loves exercise so he ran up and down that hill twenty times and I might've made the climb twice before nearly passing out from exhaustion. Luckily, I'm a better photographer than I am hill climber and so we now have some pictures of our fun afternoon.

This first photo is my favorite by far. Dylan's little feet in the air crack me up. At the time, Sean dragged him halfway up the hill in this position--feet over head--and I was too busy laughing hysterically at the sight of it to be able to shout to Sean to alert him that our kid was practically hanging on for dear life. Sorry for that Dylan. I had an equal case of the giggles on Christmas Eve at mass when during the quietest moment in the service Dylan yelled, "Oh MY God!" I nearly snorted I was laughing so hard. I really have to focus more on disciplining him, if only he wasn't so hilarious.

haha

Here are some more from our adventure:

DSC_7877
DSC_7926
DSC_7934
DSC_7943
DSC_7952
DSC_7956
DSC_7976
DSC_7980
DSC_7983
DSC_7991
DSC_8096
DSC_8163
DSC_8207

When we came home we had hot cocoa and tea, Dylan and I both wearing our spaceman feetie pajamas and winter hats.

DSC_8222

I love this video of Sean and Dylan. This is just so...them.



And now it's barely nine o'clock and Sean and I are fighting to stay awake. Dylan passed out an hour ago. Have I mentioned that I adore when Sean takes time off from work? So much love.