Friday, April 20, 2012

The first year of Dylan project




I took a photo of Dylan everyday for a year. I didn't plan to do this project, it just sort of happened. And now that we're talking about having a second baby I will probably have to do the same for #2, too. Although, second children never have as many photos as the first so maybe I'll just do every other day next time around.

There's this great blog I read called STFU Parents which makes fun of those parents who have to share every little detail of their child's life.  Somewhere along the line I became one of those parents.  I mean, I don't share everything, but I'm well aware that I'm one of those annoying moms that make single people stock up on birth control.

Dylan is my life.  He is my job, my joy, my exhaustion, my excuse for a messy house.  Aside from those 6-8 glorious hours of sleep at night--if we're lucky--he is my conscious thought.  I take these photos of him asleep on the couch and capture those videos of him screaming away monotonous melodies at the piano and then I read this STFU blog and see my words mirror these posts.  Oh, adults, I totally apologize for talking about my son so often.  Really and truly I do.  But I can't help it.  Because if I didn't talk about him, I would seriously have nothing left to say.

Unless you'd like to talk about my dogs. 

sweet
DSC_3984
sean photos
_DSC0302
_DSC4048
A and S
Patriotic Jazz
_DSC1496
Pups in snow
_DSC1355
_DSC1080
_DSC0260
_DSC1569

As far as I know there is no blog about too much dog talk because no one minds if you talk about dogs. Except maybe cat people. But they can't be trusted anyway.