Monday, January 6, 2014

In the beginning

When Sean and I started dating eight years ago, I made a video for each month we were together. I would sit down on the 14th of every month and pair our collection of photos with the sappiest love songs I could find. I was smitten with him. At the end of our first year of dating his entire family gathered to watch our anniversary video. They sat through the first month's video and clapped and then realized that I had made twelve of these videos and that they had agreed to watch a movie that was nearly an hour long. They were good sports about it and I'm pretty sure I beamed with love for Sean as he held me on his lap and we watched our first year together.

There was this instant chemistry between us; we were electric.



And he didn't even have to open his mouth for me to know exactly how he felt about me, all he had to do was look at me.



But the thing is, all of these years later, we have grown even more in love with each other. We're still in this honeymoon phase of our marriage. Madly in love.

1

I no longer make monthly movies of our relationship, I'm busy documenting our kids' lives instead, but that doesn't mean that our love is any less special or exciting. Our life has changed over the years but our love hasn't dwindled.

Forever in love.