Wednesday, August 7, 2013

In the yard

Dylan and I have been working on our front yard all week. The gardens were overgrown and full of weeds and so we conquered those on Monday. This morning we went to Home Depot and bought some more mulch and a rose bush. FYI: trees, shrubs, and bushes are 50% off at Home Depot right now! When we came home I decided that it was time to tear down our rock planter in the front yard. I've hated it since day one. It's just a huge wall of rocks and cement, filled with tall--impossible to weed--grasses. So today Dylan and I tore down the planter.

Untitled

We battled a huge wasp nest, spiders, and fire ants. We played with our new friend snake before releasing him into our garden. Lady bugs. Grasshoppers. Crickets. Dirt. Rocks.

DSC_6240
DSC_6230
DSC_6194
DSC_6179

I'm covered in cuts, scrapes, and bruises from digging out all of the rocks and I'm absolutely in my glory. We've got a lot more work to do until our yard looks presentable and we plan on going back out to schlep the rocks into our backyard tomorrow. Our plan is to make a fire pit with them, or maybe a walkway. I'll post pictures once its all done. Bring on the dirt and the sunblock!