Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Happy day at the park

We went to the park this morning with cousins and had such a fun time. I'm in the middle of doing a million things--feeding Kate, watching Bubble Guppies, making dinner, texting with friends and family--so I'll just get right to pictures of our day because I'm pretty sure my mind is not sharp enough to write many coherent sentences at the moment. Multi-tasking at its finest.

So here is our day at the park with Sam and Bridgette.

DSC_4514
DSC_4523
DSC_4558_edited-1
DSC_4587

Look at this crazy caterpillar we found! See if you can find it in the photo below. Hint: Bridgette is looking at it.

DSC_4597
DSC_4601

And Dylan's favorite thing about Sam and Bridgette? They get him really dizzy on the tire swing.

DSC_4639

Katie loved the park, too.

DSC_4648

Tonight is Dylan's parent orientation for preschool. We've taken him to open houses for his preschool but this is our first real parent-teacher meeting. Sean and I both agreed when we became parents that we were really excited for parent-teacher conferences. To see where our kids sit and find their artwork hanging on the walls and meet their teachers. Tonight is probably logistical stuff--where to send the tuition check, what to pack in his backpack, what they'll do when our kid swears in class, etc etc--but we're still pretty excited to go. I'm going to feel like such an imposter sitting in this classroom with all of the other parents tonight. I will probably always feel like the student and not the parent and I sure don't look older than twelve. I'll have to find an outfit that makes me look at least thirty. Because I still have five more days in my twenties to act all young and crazy before it's time to grow up.

And yet I'm pretty sure I will have this much fun at the park once I turn thirty, too.