Friday, July 26, 2013

Trip stories: Coming Home

We spent our last morning in Vermont packing up and eating a wonderful French toast breakfast.

DSC_2762
DSC_2765

Kate and I enjoyed the view while Anthony, Sean, and Dylan took one last scenic truck ride.

DSC_2831
DSC_2784
DSC_2852
DSC_2769

And then sadly we had to say goodbye and head out on our five-hour drive home.

DSC_2898
DSC_2899
DSC_2900

No drive home from the cabin would be complete without stopping at the Cabot factory.

DSC_2906

We woke Dylan up from a deep sleep to buy some cheese so he wasn't a happy camper.

DSC_2916

But Kate was very cooperative.

DSC_2923

We also stopped off at Ben & Jerrys and devoured some ice cream. Dylan perked up once he saw this bus:

DSC_2932
DSC_2933

And now it's Friday again. We left for vacation one week ago today. I am always sad to leave Vermont but I'm also happy to be back home with our pups and back on our routines. I became an auntie again to the sweetest little girl on Monday and she has brought infinite sunshine to the dreariness of having to jump back into reality. I love that I get to watch her grow up and to love her indefinitely. She has a full head of dark hair and looks very much like my first niece Ciara.

It's midnight and Dylan has taken my spot in bed so I am hunkered down in his room. It's nights like these that I am glad he has a double bed. I'm going to sleep like a rock until the sun rises.