Friday, June 14, 2013

A new do in review

DSC_6576

So I bought this at Walmart this week because it was cheap.  I think I paid about $6.76 but don't quote me on that.  I wanted to go darker but wanted a dye that washes out in 28 washes--which is like a decade in mom time--so that I didn't have to worry about covering up roots later.  Clairol's Spiced Cider 13B seemed like a nice dark brown color. 

DSC_6595

Just your average hair dye kit: mix this and that, apply, rinse, condition, you know the drill.  When my hair was dry I was left with a nice Lucille Ball in a box red tint.  Not what I was expecting, but not awful either.

DSC_6283h_edited-2

And then I waited for Sean to come home from work.  When I painted our living room bright green he mentioned that he wouldn't have noticed the change in color if I hadn't told him I was painting that day, so I wanted to see if he would notice that his wife suddenly had bright red hair.

He didn't. 

I waited two hours and then asked him if he liked my new hair color.  He said he couldn't tell the difference.  Ha!  This morning when my father-in-law came over I asked him if he liked my new red hair.  He said he couldn't tell the difference either.  I mean....it's obviously red.  I'll have to take more pictures when the color settles down in a few days to show you.  So funny!

I was not paid or asked to write this entry by Clairol or Walmart.  This experience is my own and I am writing about it for your entertainment and mine only.


Rated-B