Friday, April 26, 2013

Low iodine diet: Day 13

I couldn't stand up for more than three minutes today without feeling like I would faint.

As the day wore on I became more and more irritated with absolutely everything.

I went to Walmart because I needed medicine. Walmart: the worst place to be when you're upset. I don't think I smiled once. I bought some things for when I go away, things like shampoo and conditioner, face masks and gloves. I bought two of everything so that I can take one set with me to the hospital for isolation and one to the hotel. I only went for medicine, a loaf of bread, and some cheese doodles and ended up spending $65. But that doesn't matter.

When I got to my car there was a little yippy dog--a Yorkshire terrier--in the front seat of the car next to me. It was wearing a dress. It kept barking at me. I yelled to that little yippy dog that it was an asshole and shouldn't be wearing that ridiculous dress. Of course I said it while in the safety of my car so I didn't hurt its feelings.

I drove home with the emergency break on unknowingly because Dylan must've put it on earlier in the day when I was letting him sit in the passenger seat. On the way home my check engine light also came on as did my fuel light. Welcome to day 13 of the low iodine diet.

I bought a container of fake cheese so that I can take it with me to the hotel after the hospital. I will eat the whole container as soon as I am allowed to eat normal food again.

Tonight I will try to change my mood into something a little bit more uplifting and not so Irritated. Perhaps eating something, since I haven't really eaten all day aside from some chips and a banana, would change my mood. I've learned I cannot survive without a thyroid. I cannot function. Two weeks later I still feel like a drug addict coming down from a huge high. I plan on solving this with lots of Synthroid and dairy products next week.

You know you've sunk to a new low when you find yourself telling a dog in a dress that he is an asshole.