Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Still my baby

I took Dylan and Kathleen to my mother's house this morning for our first official trip out during the daytime. Since Kate is only two weeks old (today) I've only been taking them on trips when we wouldn't need to get out of the car: walks through the neighborhood, Dunkin Donuts, out for a milkshake. I realized that I haven't left home enough this morning when I went out to warm up the car and the sunlight practically burned my retinas. So I took them to my mother's for a visit.

After dropping my mother off home after picking up breakfast we headed home. During the two minute drive to our house Dylan fell asleep. He woke up at three this morning so by eleven he was past exhausted.

I pulled into our driveway and looked back at my two babies fast asleep in their carseats. My tiny two week old baby girl and my sweet 28 month old baby boy.

He feels so big to me these days. He cracks jokes, shoots off opinions, and feels so huge in my arms. Today I carried her in the house and then I scooped him in my arms and draped him over my shoulder as I laid him into bed.

Dylan, I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.