Friday, March 15, 2013

Running on empty...(running on)

This was our night last night with a 2 year old and a three-week old. Dylan is in blue, Katie is pink, I'm yellow. Dylan slept from 8-11 and 3:30-6:30. Katie slept 12-4:30 and 5:30-the rest of the day basically. So I got about two hours of sleep.




Usually I average about four to six hours these days and if Dylan naps during the day I can handle it.  Lately he has given up naps and my sweet father-in-law has been my hero, swooping Dylan up and taking him to the library or to his house for the day so I can get some sleep.

Luckily for us non-sleepers it's the weekend and we all plan on taking sleep shifts to catch up on our Zzzzs.  I can't tell you how excited I am to get a few naps in tomorrow.  But don't get me wrong, this absence of sleep is well worth the effort and filled with extra baby/toddler cuddles.