Friday, December 28, 2012

Today was awesome

Dylan woke up extra early--which was not so awesome--but this means that we were showered by ten and napping to our trusty Soundscapes music channel by eleven. That weird Enya shit makes all three dogs and the toddler pass out.

By 1Pm we were dressed and on our way to Kohls to spend a gift card I received for Christmas. As soon as we pulled in the parking lot I knew I was screwed. There wasn't a single parking space in that huge lot and a giant sign that said 60-80% off sale!!! When we walked in the store there were zero carts which meant having a two year old walk around a huge department store with me, a terrifying feat because has the patience of a gnat. Add to this the further realization that the lines to checkout were wrapped thirty people deep around the perimeter of the store.

I nearly gave up but I knew I would probably not make the trip again nor would I get a better sale price so I marched us straight to the home goods section and picked out some fleece sheets for Dylan. I've been meaning to get them for him this winter so now was a perfect time since I had this free money and all. We scored $90 sheets for $23! And as quick as we walked in we walked to the register and got into the dreaded line. Dylan saw a display of stuffed animals--owls, his favorite--and they were marked down to $2.50 so I bought Dylan one and bought Katie a bunny.

Dylan stood perfectly still with incredible patience and I swear if I didn't know any better I'd check him for a fever because this couldn't possibly be my son standing so quiet in line. We left the store and I nearly jumped with the excitement that we had pulled. it. off!!!

We accomplished our mission with huge success, saved $70, and behaved ourselves.

I told Dylan since he was so great in that store he could have whatever he wanted for lunch. He replied, "Taco Bell, Mama. Bean burrito. And farts!"

Seriously, this might be the best day ever.

Sean brought home Chinese food and Dylan ate his entire fortune cookie, including the fortune. I bet the fortune said something like, "You will be sleeping on $90 fleece sheets tonight."

I'm a tad envious.