Friday, November 23, 2012

A lazy Thanksgiving

We stayed in this Thanksgiving and had a nice quiet day with my mother and our pups. We did the same last year and it seriously is becoming my new favorite tradition. I am most thankful for relaxation and the choice to stay in pajamas.

The boys did the dishes in the morning--Dylan's new most favorite activity in the world.

edied thanksgiving 2012

And then Sean wanted to go for a run so we headed down to our favorite lake down the road. It was a perfect warm autumn day.

DSC_0595
DSC_0603
DSC_0643
edied thanksgiving 20121
Sean took the one of us on the left. I'm 27 weeks pregnant with Kathleen today!

DSC_0680
DSC_0726
DSC_0781

This was our first year cooking a turkey, usually we just buy the meat already cooked, and we were repulsed by the whole process. Cutting the neck off and taking out the gizzards and blech. I actually was so disgusted by the time it was time for dinner that I couldn't bring myself to eat any turkey. But I cooked baked beans and lots of my favorite southern dishes and thoroughly enjoyed stuffing my face.

My mother joined us and we spent the afternoon watching football (sigh) and the recording of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

DSC_0909
DSC_0882
DSC_0903
DSC_0963
DSC_0972
DSC_0982
DSC_0989

And just like that Thanksgiving was over.