Wednesday, May 2, 2012

File under Sucky

_DSC0524 copy
My squirrel barker

My husband came home to find me in a mental fetal position. I swear if he made eye contact with me then, I would've done the ugly cry.

How cliche of me to say that motherhood is the hardest job I've ever had, but it is sometimes. Being a mailman might be a close second; that job was sure worthy of the title.

Why is it that blog entries come so freely while doing the dishes?

I don't want to get into why today was so cruddy. Basically it involved a toddler who wouldn't nap, is cutting teeth, and hit me across the face a dozen times during his tantrums.

Today involved three dogs--two with special needs--barking nonstop at squirrels all. day. long. Writing it into words makes it seem so silly. That's it. A cranky toddler and barking dogs. But after ten hours it was enough to make me want to crawl into a hole.

I just wrote "a hole."