Friday, April 27, 2012

Self censored

I read through some of my old blogs tonight. Oscar Wilde once said, " I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train." Not to be overly narcissistic, although all social media outputs are self absorbed, but I love reading my old entries. I find myself wondering what the hell happened to that girl who used to wear her heart on her blog, who wrote about everything and anything without worrying about judgement or consequence. Why have I grown cautious over the years? Maybe my standards have changed. Instead of simply writing my thoughts I worry about the quality of my writing and the audience it may affect. But I think more than this, Facebook and Twitter have stolen my attention. Maybe life should be summed up in 140 characters or less.