Saturday, February 11, 2012

About Me

I'm Lauren. I'm a wife, mama, photographer, writer, singer, blogger, thyroid cancer survivor.

I take lots of pictures with a Nikon D90. My favorite lens is my 60mm and my favorite subjects to photograph are bugs and raindrops.

Please feel free to contact me. My email address is Wildefrost@gmail.com.

6290418302_d5009d6752_oj copy
(Photo by Sarah)


Here are 25 facts about me:

1. I take an average of three 106 degree baths a day during the winter to keep warm.

2. I can't stand when news stations say things like "You heard it here first!" or "Our cameras were the only ones in the courtroom".

3. I gave up caffeine when I became pregnant in January of 2010, but sometimes I sneak a sip of Sean's cola.

4. My favorite singer is Jackson Browne. My favorite group is Fleetwood Mac.

5. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in October 2012. I had a thyroidectomy two weeks later. I was 24 weeks pregnant with Kate.

6. I can never find matching socks.

7. I rearrange furniture like it's my job.

8. I was born with hearing loss which was corrected through surgeries at age four. I remember hearing my first sounds.

9. I've worked as a mailman and a landscaper, a marketing coordinator and a photographer.

10. I use a Nikon D90. My favorite lens is a 60mm 1:2.8.

11. I am wife to Sean, mother to Dylan and Kathleen. We have three rescue dogs--Sam, Jasmine, and Avery.

12. Every time I watch HGTV I feel the need to redecorate my house.

13. I'm more than happy to sleep twelve hours a night, although with the baby I usually get about six hours in two 3hr increments.

14. We live a mile away from both my mother and from Sean's dad.

15. My favorite meal is macaroni and cheese and baked beans. My grandmother was born and raised in Mississippi and gave me a soft spot for southern comfort food.

16. I play piano (well) and guitar (so-so) and I sing everyday. I was in seven choirs during my freshman year of college.

17. I secretly think President Obama is very sexy, but that isn't why I vote for him.

18. When I was pregnant, I was petrified of pooping on the delivery table. After 21 hours in labor, I had pooped and vomited and none of it mattered.

19. I have a Red Sox tattoo, a small B logo. Baseball reminds me of childhood and summer.

20. I talk too much when I get nervous.

21. I'm a thrifty shopper.

22. I can put both feet behind my head.

23. Worst cook, ever.

24. I still have records, VHS tapes, and 8 tracks.

25. I sleep with my mouth open and am terrible at doing laundry. In fact, I'm not sure why Sean keeps me around. I am the worst housewife ever. He must love me.


That was actually harder than I thought. So, tell me some random facts about you!